søndag 12. juni 2011

Calorie Counting Websites

A few Points on Tracking Calories:
  • Calorie tracking online ISN'T 100% necessary - so you don't have to do it... What matters is that you are eating appropriately for your needs, what ever way you do this (eg: via portion control, via spreadsheet, via diabetic exchange lists)
  • Calorie tracking is only as accurate as you make it! So if you neglect to track the foods, or leave out snacks, or only half fill in the days then it isn't going to work.
  • It doesn't *really* matter how accurate the tracker is - what matters is that it is accurate to what you DO and that it gives you something to monitor and change if required.... (that is - similar to bodyfat tracking - even if the number is not *right*, if you are logging over time and it is going in the right direction, then this is all that matters)
  • You don't have to track every day.... especially if you eat the same thing most days. So just doing one or two logs/ week to see where you are is perfectly fine.
  • When you track - look at the TOTAL CALORIES and then the GRAMS of PROTEIN, FATS and CARBS. It is NOT about the 'macro %' you hit... Your body doesn't CARE what % comes from different macronutrient groups - what it cares about is that you are getting enough to support your lean mass/ bodyweight... and this comes down to grams per unit weight (either total weight or lean mass depending on what method you are using, your total bodyfat% and a few other variables)
  • DO NOT change things too quickly... if you decide to make a change to your calorie intake - you might want to give yourself 3-4 weeks before you expect to see significant change.... If you keep changing things 'looking for something that works', you'll probably never see results...


A GUIDE TO FOOD LABELS:
http://www.acaloriecounter.com/food-labels.php


A Few of the Calorie counting Sites:
NOTE: Not written by me, its originally posted by Emma-Leigh over at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119482931

I just thought i share this as it has really helped me alot and im sure that it will help atleast some of you out there!

-varg 

12 kommentarer:

  1. thanks for the share! I've been searching for sites like these for a while

    SvarSlett
  2. I'm a big fan of livestrong, very useful

    SvarSlett
  3. You must remember that even when tracking calories you will never get an exact amount. It's always an estimate :)

    SvarSlett
  4. I've never had a problem with weight and never watched what I ate, but as I'm getting older, it seems like I might need to. Hope this stuff will help, thanks.

    SvarSlett
  5. I don't think calorie tracking is necessary because you can tell what's ok for you to eat just by looking it.

    SvarSlett
  6. Once again, I'll be recommending to people who I know that need it. I'll also direct them to your blog because I can tell this is going somewhere.

    Great post.

    SvarSlett
  7. I live by this notion - in a sense.

    I just make sure I work my body harder than all the crap (if any that I put into it). Generally it allows me to run a calorie defecit when it's needed

    SvarSlett
  8. I'm very sure I'll come back to this when I'm fatter. :)

    SvarSlett
  9. right now I am in the middle, i dont need to gain weight and i dont need to lose weight :P But this is all very valuable information! keep it up :D

    SvarSlett
  10. Really great info! i am going to start following now!!!! i need to start a diet lol

    SvarSlett
  11. pretty good advice! i know some people who could really use this. they're destroying themselves trying to get fit.

    SvarSlett
  12. This is really helpful, thank you! I'm very underweight so i'm hoping some of this helps me change my diet so i'm a much more normal weight.

    SvarSlett